During high dose rate brachytherapy for oropharyngeal cancer, highly radioactive material is delivered into or around a tumor in order to eradicate or shrink it. This procedure does not require a hospital stay in between treatments.
Also Known As:
- Oropharyngeal cancer surgery
- Shrink oropharyngeal tumor
- Cancer surgery
- Temporary high dose rate brachytherapy for oropharyngeal cancer
- Internal radiotherapy for oropharyngeal cancer
- Internal radiation therapy for oropharyngeal cancer
- Brachytherapy for head and neck cancer
Conditions Treated with High Dose Rate Brachytherapy for Oropharyngeal Cancer:
High dose rate brachytherapy for oropharyngeal cancer maybe be performed in cases of oropharyngeal cancer and adjunct therapy to pharyngectomy.