There may be no specific formula to follow that will promise perfect skin, but these are some tips that will dramatically improve anyone's skin. Your dermatologist can give you more specific steps that are tailored to you.
All you really need is cleanser, sunscreen, and moisturizer to follow these steps—ask your doctor about the products that are best for your skin type if you aren’t sure.
1. Choose your skin products carefully, especially if your skin is sensitive. Many cleansers and moisturizers have harsh chemicals that can irritate and dry out your skin. Look for products that are hypoallergenic, because they are the gentlest.
2. Wash your skin daily. Dirt and particles that you aren't able to see get onto your skin every day, so it's important to cleanse the skin - especially the face - at least once a day. Choose a cleanser that works for your skin type, whether it be a cleanser that fights oil or blemishes.
3. Apply moisturizer. Using gentle lotions daily will reduce wrinkles later. Apply generously to your whole body, paying special attention to your elbows, knees, and feet.
4. Wear sunscreen. You may appreciate the bronzed appearance of your skin now, but in several years your skin will appear leathery and wrinkled if you have made a habit of not applying sunscreen. Make smart choices now before it's too late! Many moisturizers have SPF in them already, and wearing sunscreen now will reduce the risk of skin cancer and greatly improve the appearance of your skin.
5. Hydrate your skin. This will definitely make your skin look tighter, brighter, and smoother.
6. Exfoliate your skin. This will have a similar effect to hydrating your skin. Use a scrubbing body wash or a loofah to remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. Your skin will be smoother and your pores will appear smaller.
7. Eat healthy foods. Fruits, vegetables, and protein-rich foods are packed with the vitamins and minerals that will benefit your skin.
8. Exercise. Consistent exercise will improve your circulation, which will greatly benefit your skin's overall health. It will also give you that healthy "glow."
9. Get plenty of rest. This will prevent dark circles from forming under your eyes and will keep your skin from drying out.
10. Avoid excessive consumption of tobacco and alcohol. These harmful substances deliver toxins to your skin and take away precious minerals. They should be avoided to help your skin achieve optimal appearance.
10 Steps to Healthy Skin
Posted On: 12-02-2016
See Related Articles
Eczema, also referred to as atopic dermatitis, is a chronic ...
Posted On: 05-13-2016read more
A study performed at Northwestern University and published i ...
Posted On: 09-08-2017read more
There is no shortage of products and treatments that claim t ...
Posted On: 05-13-2016read more
About 1.7 million new cancer cases are expected to be diagno ...
Posted On: 03-02-2018read more
Tattoos are very common—in fact, one in five adults in the ...
Posted On: 07-14-2017read more
Hair loss, also called alopecia, is typically a sign of agin ...
Posted On: 05-27-2016read more
You may have heard that it is important to inspect your skin ...
Posted On: 03-11-2016read more
Related DoctorsView All
No record found.
Surgical ProceduresView All
Be HealthyView All
Watch & learnView All
GET A WEEKLY DOSE OF HEALTHY INSPIRATION
Please enter required fields.
Enter Valid Email Address.